Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Makeover Project: Complete!

Back in July I started my blog with a makeover on a little stand I'd gotten at a yard sale for $4.00. After much sanding and painting and fussing and more painting it's finally done! And I tell you what, I sure have learned a lot, but just love how it turned out!
Here are the before pictures.

The plugs were missing from legs, so I just used Gorilla Glue and added marbles to fill the holes (I made sure that the legs were tighter than tight before i did that!)

The top is all sanded down! I was doing it by hand, then my beloved husband got his palm sander out! (Lesson #1 Always use a palm sander when able!) It had a ugly paint on it.

After getting it all sanded down I realized that it was just a piece of plywood! I was really disappionted that it wasn't a solid piece of wood, but I thought I'd put some stain on it just to see how it would look.
I loved the top part! But the sides showed the layers of the plywood, and I just didnt like it, so out came the paint.

Tada! Here it is! I apologize for the grainy pictures, my hubby took the camera to work with him, so these are with my phone.

I had the hardest time trying to put the picture on the top! I tried spraying over the stencil, I tried painting over the stencil, I finally just traced the pattern in pencil and painted it by hand.

I'm so excited to have it done! I learned a lot! Not sure where to put it in the house yet. It doesn't really go with any of my decor in an old farm house, so It might become a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment