Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My New Toy!

I am finally getting pictures up of my new toy! We are absolutely THRILLED to have finally gotten a Kitchen Aid mixer! (By we, I mean my hubby also! He has made mashed potatoes in it a couple times.)
When my sister-in-law was visiting us a couple weeks ago, we and my MIL decided to visit the Kitchen Aid store in Greenville (Greenville Ohio, there is
a manufacturing plant there) Little did we know that Greenville was having their annual Annie Oakley days and the store was having some AWESOME sales! Deborah and I were so thrilled with what we saw that we had to come back the next day after she had talked to her husband and I had brought along my hubby! We both bought the Professional 600 series mixers (An employee told me that this is the largest home size that they make!) When you bought a mixer you got a cookbook, ice cream scoop, timer (these aren't some cheap items either!) and a choice btw the food grinder attachment, or the ice cream bowl/maker attachment FREE! We picked the ice cream bowl, since it was the highest value, and bought the grider attachment. (everything we bought that day came to less than half the price of the mixer itself, new!)
The mixer is refurbished (before you all get panicky let me explain =p) We were told that the refurbished items are actually better than the others! The new ones are fresh off the assembly line, whereas the refurbished ones have been tested, sent back and gone over personally and adjusted with a fine tooth comb.
As you can see from the picture, I broke it in with a good ba
tch of chocolate chip cookies! =)


1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! I have lusted after a Kitchen Aid mixer for years!

    ReplyDelete